Friday, July 22, 2011

Lance Cpl. Kevin P. Grant


Today I have decided that I am going to dedicate my Senior Seminar project and posters to the memory of my great friend and Marine.

Lance Cpl. Kevin P. Grant
12/30/89 - 05/09/10

He was one of the most down to earth guys I have ever known, and he really knew how to put a smile on any one's face. Kevin and I met because we both played Basketball at our local High School.  Unfortunately, Kevin lost his life while on base in Quantico, Va. during his third year of service.  He dedicated himself to the Marine Corps and was so excited to enlist in 2008 and start his training after graduation.  I remember being with him the day he enlisted, I was there talking to a requiter while he was finishing up paper work.  Kevin was so excited to become a United Stated Marine, and I was so proud of him.  I miss him everyday and he is always on my mind and in my heart.  There will never be a day that I don't think about the good times we've shared and our dedication to the Armed Services. So, with much work to be done on my project and concepts to work with, Kevin will be my motivation to finish and conquer this project. I made this image to honor my friend and I will have it displayed during our senior show. It will be on the inside cover of my progress book.

No comments:

Post a Comment